Friday, June 25, 2010

A small mishap...

I have not posted a blog in a few days and that is because my family has been dealing with a lot of stress. Wednesday, June 23rd Michael was permanently laid off of his job that he has had for 11 years. 
I really am staying positive for the most part but I must admit it gets really hard. When you know you got kids to take care of. I do trust that everything will be ok because I know that this is not the worst thing that has ever happened and also along with Michael, 49 other people got laid off. I am trusting in God because I know he will take care of us. When I decided to change my life for God, it was for good and and I will not let the Devil get me this soon because I worked too hard to get to where I am at in my life.
 I told Michael the day we decided to get saved that we should expect something bad  to happen.  I was right on that one. We are still really shocked and I guess I do keep worrying about Michael running out of his medicine. He is a diabetic and has seizures without medicine. The 30th of this month he will not have health insurance. He has already began looking for jobs so I am just praying that something comes soon enough so that he will not run out of medicine. I know it will work out.
 We really should feel lucky that this has not already happened to us. When you look at the BIG picture, the government does not even have enough money to pay people because of so much unemployment. We are lucky that Michael does have a good trade and that he kept that job as long as he did. Now we just got to pray that a job will come along that needs his trade.
 It is really a shame that our economy is in such a sad shape. It is so sad that it has to be so hard to work and take care of your family. I know for sure we will not take for granted any other job again. I know we did make enough to pay our bills and maybe we struggled around holidays but I also remember just never being grateful for us having a income we did have. It usually always takes something like this to make you become a stronger and more grateful person.
To sum it all up, we don't know what the future holds for us at this point but I think it is ironic of these scriptures I have ran across while we were put in this situation...
 Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ witch strengthens me
 Psalm 91:15-  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him:
I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.
 Matthew 6:8- The Father knows what things we are in need of before we ask him
  Psalm 37:5- Commit to the way of the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass
 1 John 5 :14- In the confidence we have in him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he will hear us
 Just seeing those scriptures assures me that everything will be just fine if I just trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment